Welcome to Zomerlust Gastehuis, a heritage site in the historic centre of Paarl at 193 Main Road. Zomerlust lies in the heart of Boland wine country surrounded by majestic mountains, rolling vineyards and wine estates, making it the ideal base from which to explore the neighboring towns of Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Wellington as well as the rest of the Boland and the Western Cape.
The guesthouse is within comfortable walking distance of numerous interesting buildings, shops and financial services in the centre of Paarl and is about 45 minutes’ drive from Cape Town and its international airport. Zomerlust property is a sustainable destination for the Kontrei traveler – the traveler looking for authentic sense of place experiences.
The ambience of Zomerlust Gastehuis is finely attuned to French Huguenot and Cape Dutch roots with the easy comfort of English country estate living. Zomerlust has been witness to a lavish lifestyle of people living and entertaining in the very best and most elegant manner. Today this unique guesthouse, beautifully restored to its former splendor, still reflects all these proud traditions.
WHAT ZOMERLUST GASTEHUIS OFFERS …
- 14 Double rooms – all en suite, furnished with selected period pieces, 10 rooms in the manor house and 4 rooms in the old stable (Die Stal)
- The Restaurant at Zomerlust offers a A la carte menu and traditional dishes. Also popular for group functions and weddings.
- Kontrei Traveller is our Tour Operator specializing in the wine country of the Western Cape.They operate in the Paarl and Wellington Wine Routes but include the districts of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek in their wine tasting tours. They can also assist with the following: Private Tours, Day Tours & Half day Tours, Car Hire, Transfers, Reservations – www.kontrei.co.za
- The endemic and organic Garden with historical features from the De Villiers family is a place of tranquility for guests to interact with the seasonal dynamics of flora and fauna
- Free Wireless Internet
- Private swimming pool
- Safe parking
- On the property is the school and boarding house of the Paarl First Class Public School. It later became Paarl Boy’s High. This will become the Eugene Marais Kampus Please see www.eugene-marais.org.za
193 Main Road
Phone : 021 87 22 117
Fax : 021 872 8312
Email : email@example.com